Transition helps a student with a disability plan for life after high school. The process includes identifying students’ interests and preferences. Transition services may include preparation for vocational, technical or university education, for work in the community and for living as independently as possible.
Transition empowers a student by providing choices, possibly never considered, about their future and reduces fears and discomfort experienced by parents or guardians. Effective transition planning uses a person-centered process that starts and ends with the student. In this training find out about more about how this process works.
What you will learn:
- What is transition?
- Why are transition services needed?
- Who receives services?
- Who provides transition services and how do they work?
- Where can I access services?
Filed under: Transition from School
- Transitions from School FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
- Find out about freqently asked questions about the process of transition from school for students with disabilities.
- Overview Download PDF